A Mombasa court has granted police additional seven days to investigate 13 men arrested during Masjid Musa and Sakina raid two weeks ago.
Principal magistrate Justus Kituku granted the application by prosecutor Paul Makonde who said the ongoing investigations are wide and complex and involves establishing link between the suspects and Al-Shabaab terrorist outfit.
In his prayers, Mr Makonde asked the court to grant police two more weeks to complete their investigation which they did not conclude within seven other days the court had earlier been them last week.
He expressed that the suspects would be faced with new additional new including being members of Al-Shabaab.
The suspects were last week charged with being in possession of explosives contrary to section 6 (1) of the explosive act cap 115 laws of Kenya.
Five accused persons denied being found in possession of five hand grenades on November 17, 2014 at Musa mosque without the authority from explosive licensing officers.
They include Baraza Riziki Sudi, Abdallah Said Sarahi, Swaleh Pesa Juma, Swaleh Ahmed Swaleh and Swaleh Juma Salim.
Eight others denied being in possesion of three hand grenades on November 17, 2014 at Sakina mosque.
They include Ali Kashmin, Rama Nasoro Makoto,Kazungu David,Bakari Kassim Omar,George Kasongo, Yassir Said Amuor,Ahmed Japhet and Ame Haj Ame.
They were among 158 others arrested during last week police's crackdown within Mombasa County.